editing document in MS word
Tópico cartaz: mariamoreno
mariamoreno
mariamoreno
Espanha
inglês para espanhol
Apr 12, 2015

sorry to bother you with this, after I recheck and clean a MS Word document (previously exported from word fast) I don't know how to upload the changes.
When it is a double space or a mispelling I don't mind introduce then manually on the txml, but when I need to make format changes I am clueless.

Thanks a lot

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:18
finlandês para francês
Bilingual review Apr 12, 2015

You should use the bilingual review feature, which will allow you to re-import your document back into Wordfast Pro, including any changes you (or your reviewer) have made to it.

If you export the final, translated version (via File > Save Translated File), and make changes to it, you won't be able to re-import them.

mariamoreno
mariamoreno
Espanha
inglês para espanhol
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
thanks! Apr 12, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

You should use the bilingual review feature, which will allow you to re-import your document back into Wordfast Pro, including any changes you (or your reviewer) have made to it.

If you export the final, translated version (via File > Save Translated File), and make changes to it, you won't be able to re-import them.

oh, thanks a lot, I spent all day trying to re-import the translated file. It's a pitty it can't be done.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:18
finlandês para francês
Reimporting translated file Apr 13, 2015

mariamoreno wrote:
oh, thanks a lot, I spent all day trying to re-import the translated file. It's a pitty it can't be done.

The only tool I'm aware of that has such a feature is memoQ. The feature is called monolingual review.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

editing document in MS word

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »