WF pro analysis and number only segments
Iniziatore argomento: Sophie Cauvin-Tellier
Sophie Cauvin-Tellier
Sophie Cauvin-Tellier
Local time: 02:50
Da Inglese a Francese
+ ...
Mar 23, 2015

How can I analyze a txml in the current version of WF Pro so that new segments containing numbers only (dates, for ex.) are actually counted?

I always thought number only segments where counted as they may require an action from the translator that the system cannot know. However I cannot get the analysis to count those as new words.

I tried analyzing a txml with "number extraction" checked in the filters but it didn't make a difference. When I analyze the file, the rep
... See more
How can I analyze a txml in the current version of WF Pro so that new segments containing numbers only (dates, for ex.) are actually counted?

I always thought number only segments where counted as they may require an action from the translator that the system cannot know. However I cannot get the analysis to count those as new words.

I tried analyzing a txml with "number extraction" checked in the filters but it didn't make a difference. When I analyze the file, the report shows 4 new segments when they are actually more new segments when counting number only segments. I'm not sure checking this box would make a difference.

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you.

[Edited at 2015-03-23 16:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-03-23 16:20 GMT]
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
Francia
Local time: 11:50
Membro (2006)
Da Francese a Inglese
Tick option before TXML creation Mar 26, 2015

cauvintellier wrote:

I tried analyzing a txml with "number extraction" checked in the filters but it didn't make a difference.

Hi Cauvin,

You have to tick "number extraction" before generating the TXML file. Have you tried this? I'm still not sure it will include numbers in the word count.

Best,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF pro analysis and number only segments

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »