Jul 1, 2014

Is it possible? If yes, how?

Thank you!

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:01
finn - francia
Which Wordfast? Jul 1, 2014

Although you didn't mention it, I assume you meant Wordfast Pro. If so, it's not possible AFAIK, unless you're using a virtual machine.

You can run several instances of Wordfast Classic if you have several copies of MS Office installed in the same computer.

Why would you want to run multiple instances, if I may ask?

neilmac
neilmac
Spanyolország
Local time: 02:01
spanyol - angol
+ ...
More explanation required Jul 1, 2014

It is not clear what you mean by "instances" in the query.
Do you mean different versions of the same Wordfast program, for example versions 5 and 6 of Wordfast Classic?
Or do you mean, for example, if it is possible to run Wordfast Anywhere and Wordfast Classic at the same time on the same computer?

boostrer
boostrer  Identity Verified
Egyesült Államok
Local time: 20:01
Tag (2007 óta)
angol - orosz
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
* Jul 1, 2014

I mean two instances of WF Pro running simultaneously. It may be convenient if you have to compare two different translations (same as using several different MS Word windows).

I still believe that it is possible.

Pepa Devesa

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egyiptom
Local time: 03:01
angol - arab
Open in New Window Jul 1, 2014

boostrer wrote:

I mean two instances of WF Pro running simultaneously. It may be convenient if you have to compare two different translations (same as using several different MS Word windows).

I still believe that it is possible.

Try "File" menu > "Open in New Window".

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Myriam Le Brock
Myriam Le Brock  Identity Verified
Kanada
Local time: 21:01
angol - francia
+ ...
Same or similar question after trying "Open in New Window" option Apr 5, 2015

Hi,

I have a similar question.

I would like to be able to compare 2 documents and not have to "change projects" each time. The first file is the Front Translation (EN->FRCA) and the second is the Back Translation (FRCA->EN).

"Opening a new window" does not allow inserting a file with a different language pair.

Is there then a way of running 2 instances - each with a different language pair - of Wordfast Pro simultaneously?

Thank
... See more
Hi,

I have a similar question.

I would like to be able to compare 2 documents and not have to "change projects" each time. The first file is the Front Translation (EN->FRCA) and the second is the Back Translation (FRCA->EN).

"Opening a new window" does not allow inserting a file with a different language pair.

Is there then a way of running 2 instances - each with a different language pair - of Wordfast Pro simultaneously?

Thank you!

Myriam

[Edited at 2015-04-05 12:20 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Running two or more instances of WF

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »