LanguageWeaver in Trados Studio: Only in Cloud?
Thread poster: Sarah Maidstone
Sarah Maidstone
Sarah Maidstone  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:02
Member (2020)
German to English
+ ...
Nov 5, 2022

Hi,

I've just upgraded to Trados Studio 2022 and am interested in trying out LanguageWeaver that seems to be included in the subscription. What I can't work out, though, is whether I can only use it if I work in the cloud or if I can also use it when I'm working locally.

Any pointers to more specific information appreciated (I'm struggling to find what I'm looking for on the RWS help and community pages, but I may just be having a "can't see the wood for the trees" mome
... See more
Hi,

I've just upgraded to Trados Studio 2022 and am interested in trying out LanguageWeaver that seems to be included in the subscription. What I can't work out, though, is whether I can only use it if I work in the cloud or if I can also use it when I'm working locally.

Any pointers to more specific information appreciated (I'm struggling to find what I'm looking for on the RWS help and community pages, but I may just be having a "can't see the wood for the trees" moment).

Thanks!
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:02
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
try this! Nov 5, 2022

Install the RWS ‘Language Weaver’ app (whether from https://appstore.rws.com/plugin/9/ or inside Studio's built in App section), and then select it as a resource under Project settings > Translation Memory and Automated Translation, then login using your RWS/SDL credentials. It works in my local copy of Trados Stusio 2022!

Sarah Maidstone
Germany
Member (2020)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Michael! Nov 5, 2022

I'll try that

Sarah Maidstone
Germany
Member (2020)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
404 Nov 5, 2022

I'm getting a 404 error when I try to download it. I'll try again on Monday in the hope that it's reappeared by then!

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:02
English to Russian
Search for Language Weaver in Private Appstore Nov 5, 2022

Sarah Maidstone wrote:
I'm getting a 404 error when I try to download it.
You should use your Private Appstore for that. Here is how: https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/rws-appstore/w/wiki/6403/private-appstore

Elena Feriani

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

LanguageWeaver in Trados Studio: Only in Cloud?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »