Thomas Loob
Thomas Loob  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 18:59
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 31, 2022

Hello!
I am now using Studio 2022 which works fine (= less crashes that before)
I have noticed that the filtering function to the bottom right still misses a feature I have been expecting for years.
If I have a huge project containing lots of CM segments and my work is small compared with the existing wordcount, it would be VERY practical to ONLY do QA and spellcheck under the filter New translated content (and even be able to choose a time span).
As it works now, the QA/
... See more
Hello!
I am now using Studio 2022 which works fine (= less crashes that before)
I have noticed that the filtering function to the bottom right still misses a feature I have been expecting for years.
If I have a huge project containing lots of CM segments and my work is small compared with the existing wordcount, it would be VERY practical to ONLY do QA and spellcheck under the filter New translated content (and even be able to choose a time span).
As it works now, the QA/spellcheck is also done on the unvisible segments, not only on the filtered segments.
To exclude CM etc from QA/spellcheck is really a top priority feature for the next release and a CAT tool of this magnitude should definitely have it. (Even Passsolo has this possibility.)
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:59
English to Russian
Options Oct 31, 2022

In the spellcheck window click 'Options' and check the 'Context matches and PerfectMatches' option for the 'Ignore Segment Types'. This is the simplest way. Two more ways include using the studioviews plugin and changing the QA settings (Segments to Exclude).
Since Trados 2014 as a minimum:

[Edited at 2022-10-31 09:40 GMT]

expressisverbis

Thomas Loob
Thomas Loob  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 18:59
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Filtering Oct 31, 2022

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Also check into Exclusions in your project settings Nov 4, 2022

You can also filter to all of the CM settings, lock them with Ctrl+L, and then set up QA Verifier in the project settings to exclude locked segments (under "Exclusions" I believe).

That way, only the unlocked ones will be QA'd.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spellcheck and QA of filtered segments in Studio 2022

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »