Frankie Hearsum
Frankie Hearsum
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:40
Danish to English
+ ...
Oct 2, 2022

I'm not sure how to explain this but:

I have all these files where the majority of segments are labelled as CM or 100% matches so they are confirmed. The client came back on the last job with changes they wanted made to vocabulary. I have gone through the first four files ctrl+f -ing and changing the words they want changed, but I'm sure there must be an easier way of doing this. For example, the first four files are almost exactly the same, so if I change the vocab in the first one
... See more
I'm not sure how to explain this but:

I have all these files where the majority of segments are labelled as CM or 100% matches so they are confirmed. The client came back on the last job with changes they wanted made to vocabulary. I have gone through the first four files ctrl+f -ing and changing the words they want changed, but I'm sure there must be an easier way of doing this. For example, the first four files are almost exactly the same, so if I change the vocab in the first one, can these changes be implemented in the other 3 files even though the segments are all confirmed because they are 100% matches?

I hope this makes sense!
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 04:40
English to Thai
+ ...
Reset the confirmed segments Oct 2, 2022

By resetting all segments as draft you can use new TMs to update translation so quickly in pretranslate instances.

Soonthon L.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:40
English to Russian
I don't think so Oct 2, 2022

Frankie Hearsum wrote:
For example, the first four files are almost exactly the same, so if I change the vocab in the first one, can these changes be implemented in the other 3 files even though the segments are all confirmed because they are 100% matches?
You have to remove either 'almost' or 'exactly' from 'almost exactly the same'.
If you remove 'almost' (segments are identical), then you can open all 4 files in the multiple files mode and change the first instance of a segment; all other segments will change automatically after you confirm the first one.
If you remove 'exactly' (segments are similar but not same), you have to edit and confirm each next segment manually. However you can use 'Replace all' to add some automation to your work.

expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with Trados TM

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »