Thread poster: Emma Kolendo
Emma Kolendo
Emma Kolendo
Local time: 01:05
Member (2018)
French to English
+ ...
Jun 24, 2021

Hi, any help with this is much appreciated as I have a project I need to start today on Trados and it won't open!
I click to open Trados as normal, and it opens the icon and runs through what it is doing to open. After "showing application window" nothing happens. The icon on the start bar say the programme is open but there is no window. I can right click and shut the programme but that's it.
I have tried:
- setting an exception with anti-virus
- opening it as an adminis
... See more
Hi, any help with this is much appreciated as I have a project I need to start today on Trados and it won't open!
I click to open Trados as normal, and it opens the icon and runs through what it is doing to open. After "showing application window" nothing happens. The icon on the start bar say the programme is open but there is no window. I can right click and shut the programme but that's it.
I have tried:
- opening it as an administrator
I don't know how/where to ask a question to SDL specifically, I can only find forums with questions that have been answered and none of these have worked.
Collapse

Adam Dickinson
Adam Dickinson  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:05
Member (2016)
Spanish to English
+ ...
It may be minimized Jun 24, 2021

Emma Kolendo wrote:

I have tried:
- opening it as an administrator
I don't know how/where to ask a question to SDL specifically, I can only find forums with questions that have been answered and none of these have worked.

This has happened to me once or twice, and it turned out to be that the window was somehow hidden offscreen. I have no idea how it happens. However, here's how to make it show up again (assuming you're on a Windows machine)

- Click on the program on your taskbar and make sure it's selected.
- Press Alt-Space-X (the shortcut for maximizing a window). It should then appear as normal.

Your problem may be something else entirely, but this is worth a try!

Emma Kolendo

Ramona Böddeker
Ramona Böddeker  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:05
French to German
+ ...
Maybe hidden between two screens? Jun 25, 2021

Hi Emma,

you could also try to press Alt+TAB to see if the program appears on your screen. By pressing on TAB you can select it.

Afterwards you can change the position of the window by pressing WIN+Arrow key.

Good luck!

Emma Kolendo

Emma Kolendo
Emma Kolendo
Local time: 01:05
Member (2018)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very helpful suggestions! Jun 25, 2021

Dear Adam and Ramona, thank you very much for these suggestions - they worked. I had tried similar whilst still using two screens and nothing happened.
When I reset my monitor to just one screen, it then worked (for some reason!). Thank you so much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2017 won't open

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »