Ivana Bojcic
Ivana Bojcic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2011)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Dec 27, 2021

Hello,

I was just wondering if somebody knows if there's available workshop for editing Word documents after OCR processing?
I'm using an OCR tool and the documents sometimes aren't in their best shape after OCR reading. Any advices how to learn to edit them?
Any workshops available?

Thank you

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:24
German to English
Try TransTools Dec 27, 2021

There is a low-cost utility package I've used to help reformat text extracted from PDF-formatted documents. Take a look at https://www.translatortools.net/

Although I rarely work with PDF documents anymore, I still find these utilities useful to remove comments, tracked changes and other artifacts in Word documents. There are two versions, both of which offer a variety of useful solutions to
... See more
There is a low-cost utility package I've used to help reformat text extracted from PDF-formatted documents. Take a look at https://www.translatortools.net/

Although I rarely work with PDF documents anymore, I still find these utilities useful to remove comments, tracked changes and other artifacts in Word documents. There are two versions, both of which offer a variety of useful solutions to formatting issues.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Yaotl Altan

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Here Dec 27, 2021

https://www.translatortools.net/blog/articles-and-workflows/180-workflow-convert-pdf-and-prepare

Stepan Konev

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Revenues Dec 29, 2021

While watching the video, I can’t help thinking: is it really worth it to invest the effort.

Nice video, though.

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:24
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Right Dec 29, 2021

German Dutch Engineering Translation wrote:

While watching the video, I can’t help thinking: is it really worth it to invest the effort.

Nice video, though.

I won't spend 1.5 hours watching a video for something that might or might not be useful for me.

I don't understand why the video is so lengthy.

[Edited at 2021-12-29 23:43 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Not what I meant Dec 29, 2021

jyuan_us wrote:

German Dutch Engineering Translation wrote:

Nice video, though.

I won't spend 1.5 hours watching a video for something that might or might not be useful for me.

I meant the effort to clean up FR documents.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

OCR: PDF to Word editing workshop

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »