Stron w wątku:   < [1 2]
Poll: When researching terms on the Internet, do you ever get sidetracked by a totally different subject?
Autor wątku: ProZ.com Staff
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugalia
Local time: 13:53
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

angielski > portugalski
+ ...
So do I! Nov 17, 2010

David Wright wrote:

but really "extremely often" and I often find it informative/enjoyable/useful, but rarely annoying.

Suzan Hamer
Suzan Hamer  Identity Verified
Holandia
Local time: 14:53
angielski
+ ...
Of course.... Nov 17, 2010

Why today alone led me to http://www.dailywritingtips.com/the-yiddish-handbook-40-words-you-should-know/ and a book, English for High Flyers, which I must get as it "focuses on the recurrent errors of nonnative speakers of English," and two other books, which I think I will not be getting, Pig Signals and Sows.....

[E
... See more
Why today alone led me to http://www.dailywritingtips.com/the-yiddish-handbook-40-words-you-should-know/ and a book, English for High Flyers, which I must get as it "focuses on the recurrent errors of nonnative speakers of English," and two other books, which I think I will not be getting, Pig Signals and Sows.....

[Edited at 2010-11-17 17:21 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-11-17 17:22 GMT]
Collapse

KrisJohn
KrisJohn
Local time: 15:53
Often, indeed ! Nov 17, 2010

It is a usual phenomenon !

Richard Boulter
Richard Boulter  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 06:53
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
There is so much to know...; Nov 17, 2010

I often allow myself the luxury of side-tracking from a term/concept search, since I concentrate on such usage within the literature of the industry/discipline that relates to my source. I usually run across interesting information that I may use later, or just enjoy, and like Teresa & David I don't feel annoyed by it at all if I can afford the time. It requires a touch of self-direction, too. But there's so much to know and so little time to learn it ALL ...; is that greedy of me? ... See more
I often allow myself the luxury of side-tracking from a term/concept search, since I concentrate on such usage within the literature of the industry/discipline that relates to my source. I usually run across interesting information that I may use later, or just enjoy, and like Teresa & David I don't feel annoyed by it at all if I can afford the time. It requires a touch of self-direction, too. But there's so much to know and so little time to learn it ALL ...; is that greedy of me?

[Edited at 2010-11-17 21:11 GMT]
Collapse

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 05:53
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
It depends on my deadline Nov 21, 2010

If I have a tight schedule, I'm able to resist. Recently I went 2 weeks without checking Facebook.

On the other hand, if there's less pressure, I can spend a lot of time surfing. One of the big triggers for surfing is KudoZ!!!! So the time I spend on KudoZ can become too much of a distraction, not because of the questions, but because of the surfing.

Marina ROGER
Marina ROGER  Identity Verified
Francja
Local time: 13:53
Członek ProZ.com
od 2008

włoski > francuski
+ ...
Often... Dec 10, 2010

and with joy... I think it is a part of my job that I like a lot, get somewhere I didn't plan to go.

Stron w wątku:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorzy tego forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: When researching terms on the Internet, do you ever get sidetracked by a totally different subject?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »