Devanagri font: Entering text using Google transliteration and transferring to Word 2016
Thread poster: Anil Kelkar
Anil Kelkar
Anil Kelkar  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:21
German to English
+ ...
Dec 7, 2017

To those with experience with any Devanagri font:
I had to create a document in Marathi. I did what I usually do: I input the text using Google transliterator (in a draft email in Gmail) and copied it to a Word 2016 file.

Now (I am reasonably sure about this) if the sentence contains any non-alphanumeric character (dashes, brackets, the registered trade-mark sign), then when I close the file, and open it again, strings of words in those sentences get displaced and put somewh
... See more
To those with experience with any Devanagri font:
I had to create a document in Marathi. I did what I usually do: I input the text using Google transliterator (in a draft email in Gmail) and copied it to a Word 2016 file.

Now (I am reasonably sure about this) if the sentence contains any non-alphanumeric character (dashes, brackets, the registered trade-mark sign), then when I close the file, and open it again, strings of words in those sentences get displaced and put somewhere else. It is quite weird. Effectively, the period goes to the middle of the next sentence. On moving character-by-character with the cursor, it suddenly jumps to where the original words should have been and then jumps back again.

I have tried this with the Mangal and Utsaah font.

Does anybody have any idea how to work around this? Or is it simply a really bad idea to use Google transliterator?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Anil
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Devanagri font: Entering text using Google transliteration and transferring to Word 2016

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »