texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:54
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 5, 2014

Dear colleagues,

I am considering eFax and I would love to hear the opinions of those who have tried or are currently using this service.

Is it reliable? Any pros/cons/recommendations?

Thank you in advance for your input and have a great day.

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
Used it for a while Aug 5, 2014

I used eFax for a couple of years. I found it to be reliable and easy to use. However, since I was receiving fewer faxes, and the price increased substantially over time, I dropped the service. When I contacted the company to drop the service, they offered me an additional month at no cost. It took a few email exchanges to convince them that I was dropping the service because I wasn't using it.

texjax DDS PhD
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 5, 2014

Thank you for your reply Kevin. I'm glad to know that it's a reliable service.

Kevin Fulton wrote:

When I contacted the company to drop the service, they offered me an additional month at no cost. It took a few email exchanges to convince them that I was dropping the service because I wasn't using it.

As far as the above, this seems common practice in the US.
I had the same experience with a TV provider and I was quite surprised by it. They do make strong efforts to retain their customer base!

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:54
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
I also used it for a while Aug 5, 2014

Same experience as Kevin: I stopped subscribing to it because I was receiving almost no faxes.

Fax is dead: the (very) few time someone wants to send me a fax number, I ask them to send me pdf instead, and they always accept.

texjax DDS PhD
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 5, 2014

Hi Riccardo,

Yes, fax is on the road to extinction. However I still use it quite often.

Thank you for your input.

Ciao!

leojw
leojw
United States
eFax- reliable, but expensive Aug 6, 2014

eFax is the biggest online fax service provider and offers the most features, but there are quite a few other reliable services that are much less expensive and offer more pages/ month, which might be important to you, since you said you do a lot of faxing. I've used MetroFax (which was actually bought by eFax's parent company, j2 Global) for a few years for personal stuff, and it works great. I have a MyFax account for my business (they were also purchased by j2 Global). I haven't had any probl... See more
eFax is the biggest online fax service provider and offers the most features, but there are quite a few other reliable services that are much less expensive and offer more pages/ month, which might be important to you, since you said you do a lot of faxing. I've used MetroFax (which was actually bought by eFax's parent company, j2 Global) for a few years for personal stuff, and it works great. I have a MyFax account for my business (they were also purchased by j2 Global). I haven't had any problems with it either. http://www.findafax.com has a good comparison of online fax services that might help you decide which to choose.

Good luck,

Leo
Collapse

texjax DDS PhD
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Leo Aug 7, 2014

Hi Leo,

Thanks a lot for the link and the interesting and thorough information provided, which is much appreciated.

Have a nice day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone have experience with eFax?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »