Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
ポルトガル
Local time: 04:45
2007に入会
英語 から ポルトガル語
+ ...
Apr 5, 2016

Hello,

I am a new memoQ user, and have ran into some dificulties while performing QA...

1) While checking duplicate translations, I have two dificulties:
a) I wish the software would point out - with a diferent color, perhaps, where the diference between two translations lies. With long segments, and very small diferences, it is sometimes very dificult and anoying to spot the diferences.
b) When I confirm one of the diferent translations used as t
... See more
Hello,

I am a new memoQ user, and have ran into some dificulties while performing QA...

1) While checking duplicate translations, I have two dificulties:
a) I wish the software would point out - with a diferent color, perhaps, where the diference between two translations lies. With long segments, and very small diferences, it is sometimes very dificult and anoying to spot the diferences.
b) When I confirm one of the diferent translations used as the one I prefer, I wish it would:
i. Propagate that translation to other involved segments, and
ii. Update the following error messages pertaining to that same duplication, so that I would not have to look at them anymore, if the problem has already been solved.

2) While checking for duplicate spaces, I wish it would stop pointing as errors double (or triple, etc) spaces in the translation which are an exact copy of the original, as they are sometimes required for proper formating of the document. If nothing else, could we possibly be given the choice to have the software ignore "double spaces" with more than 2 spaces, as those most likely formating spaces?

Any chance Kilgray?

Thank you for listening.
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
ポルトガル
Local time: 04:45
デンマーク語 から 英語
+ ...
They move slowly Apr 5, 2016

Jose Ruivo wrote:

2) While checking for duplicate spaces, I wish it would stop pointing as errors double (or triple, etc) spaces in the translation which are an exact copy of the original, as they are sometimes required for proper formating of the document.

I suggested exactly that in Ticket: #GKQ-543-29592 on 13 July last year.

As nobody cared to respond, I sent them a reminder for the support ticket on 21 September and again on 28 September.

They finally replied:

We are keeping your suggestion in our feature request queue, and our product manager _will_ check it. Unfortunately though, as we receive hundreds of them, replies to these requests might take a very long time.

Best regards,

Marton Horvath
Support Manager

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

QA dificulties

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »