ATA 50th Annual Conference
Thread poster: Maksym Kozub
Maksym Kozub
Maksym Kozub  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:08
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Aug 25, 2009

The 50th Annual Conference of the American Translators Association will be held in New York City, October 28-31. Details at http://www.atanet.org/conf/2009/. Early-bird registration ends on September 25.

A bit of self promotion: those interested in English to Russian and Russian to English legal translation are most welcome to attend our ses
... See more
The 50th Annual Conference of the American Translators Association will be held in New York City, October 28-31. Details at http://www.atanet.org/conf/2009/. Early-bird registration ends on September 25.

A bit of self promotion: those interested in English to Russian and Russian to English legal translation are most welcome to attend our session, https://www.atanet.org/conf/2009/bylanguage.php#SL-1.
Collapse

danya
danya
English to Russian
+ ...
Congrats on the growing international exposure! Aug 25, 2009

Maksym, are you a member of the ATA or a guest star?

protolmach
protolmach  Identity Verified
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
ATA Event Announcement Aug 25, 2009

Dear Friends and Colleagues,
I take the liberty to use the thread and invite those who are planning to attend the conference to participate in a Friday evening (October 30th) Slavic Languages Division banquet, our traditional gathering at every ATA Conference that we always try to arrange in the best restaurants during every conference since I don't know how many years back. This time it is booked at the Russian Samovar restaurant. The banquet facility can accommodate up to 50-55 and of
... See more
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
I take the liberty to use the thread and invite those who are planning to attend the conference to participate in a Friday evening (October 30th) Slavic Languages Division banquet, our traditional gathering at every ATA Conference that we always try to arrange in the best restaurants during every conference since I don't know how many years back. This time it is booked at the Russian Samovar restaurant. The banquet facility can accommodate up to 50-55 and of course we'll have to give priority to those who contact us now. The “Russian Samovar” (http://www.russiansamovar.com) is the oldest and most prominent Russian restaurant in Manhattan, it is located at 256 West 52nd Street (between Broadway and Eighth Avenue), only a few blocks from the hotel, with a beautiful room for private functions on the second floor where they often host receptions, and other events. Our banquets are usually a lot of fun, good friends chatting, good food, open bar, singing, poetry reading, you name an enjoyable function for such a gathering, and it's most likely we either had it on our program before or will be happy to do it in the future.
If you are interested, please send me an email and I'll be happy to give you more details.
New Yorkers will be happy to see you in NYC,
Elana, ATA Slavic Division Assistant Administrator
Collapse

Maksym Kozub
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Elana, for this announcement Aug 25, 2009

protolmach wrote:

Our banquets are usually a lot of fun, good friends chatting, good food, open bar, singing, poetry reading, you name an enjoyable function for such a gathering, and it's most likely we either had it on our program before or will be happy to do it in the future.
It was really nice last year in Orlando, with so many nice colleagues around the table.
I just hope that Samovar is more interesting than that Cuban restaurant where we gathered. (I cannot say it was really bad; just a bit cheaper (in some sense) than one would expect looking at their prices, I would say.)

[Редактировалось 2009-08-25 13:30 GMT]

Gina W
Gina W
United States
Local time: 08:08
Member (2003)
French to English
I will be attending the conference Aug 25, 2009

I may not be at the events previously mentioned on this thread as they do not pertain to my language pair, but I will definitely be attending the ATA conference this year.

Maksym Kozub
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Congrats on the growing international exposure! Aug 25, 2009

danya wrote:

Maksym, are you a member of the ATA or a guest star?
I am not any star, just an Associate Member interested in sharing and discussing things with colleagues.
However, there will be a real guest star: Pavel Palazhchenko is to deliver the annual Susanna Greiss lecture this year (https://www.atanet.org/conf/2009/bylanguage.php#SL-4).

[Редактировалось 2009-08-25 20:07 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ATA 50th Annual Conference

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »