https://www.proz.com/forum/trados_support/41283-creating_a_tm_from_an_excel_csv_file.html

Creating a TM from an Excel CSV file
Автор темы: Eduardo Cano Rodríguez
Eduardo Cano Rodríguez
Eduardo Cano Rodríguez  Identity Verified
Испания
Local time: 00:03
Член ProZ.com c 2011
английский => испанский
+ ...
Jan 13, 2006

Hi all!!

I am working with Trados 6.5 in a project and my customer gave me a glossary which, in fact, contains sentences rather than glossaries. My question is whether it's possible to create a translation memory from this file. I am checking Trados guide but I dont seem to get any help...

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Regards,

Edu.

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Польша
английский => польский
+ ...
There is a CSV converter Jan 13, 2006

Edu Cano Rodríguez wrote:

Hi all!!

I am working with Trados 6.5 in a project and my customer gave me a glossary which, in fact, contains sentences rather than glossaries. My question is whether it's possible to create a translation memory from this file. I am checking Trados guide but I dont seem to get any help...

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Regards,

Edu.

There is a csv converter from www.maxprograms.com, it is free, and you can use it to create a TMX file.

Before you import the TMX file into Workbench, I guess you'll have to convert the TMX file from UTF-8 to Unicode (UTF-16), because my experience shows that Workbench somehow does not like TMX files encoded in UTF-8.

HTH

Piotr

Eduardo Cano Rodríguez
Eduardo Cano Rodríguez  Identity Verified
Испания
Член ProZ.com c 2011
английский => испанский
+ ...
Автор темы
thanks! Jan 13, 2006

Dear Piotr,

File downloaded, installed, and glossary successfully converted into tmx!!! Thanks a million for your prompt help and support.

Have a nice weekend!

Regards,

Edu.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating a TM from an Excel CSV file

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »