Subtitling rates
Thread poster: Natalia Tarquino
Mariaduarte79
Mariaduarte79
Portugal
Local time: 11:10
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I think you must take in consideration the life cost of each country. May 3, 2017

In Germany, 2 Euros is very low if we are going to translate and subtitle... But here in Portugal no agency will pay you more than 1,5 Euros for that same job.

mik kael
mik kael  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 18:10
English to Indonesian
+ ...
that is a high rate May 4, 2017

panyingzhao wrote:

The price in most Chinese translation companies in subtitling is around 100 RMB(around 15 USD).

I think it is a reasonable price as it involves three major steps of dictating, translation and production of timeline. A minute of the video usually takes up to 20 minutes to 30 minutes to process all of them.

I also charge this price from some media companies that I have worked with and they are in agreement with me once I explain such efforts needed to produce high-quality subtitles.

Another tip from my personal practices is that, considering the subject, the length and the intensity of words distribution, the price is subject to around 10% discount.

Wow. that is a very high rate. lucky of you. and maybe it depends on the value of money in the target language country. could it be alright?

I had somework from chinese company and the rate for subtitling + translation is below 3 USD per video minute.

Trang Luu
celiacheung85

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitling rates

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »