Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Wrestling with those pesky quotation marks?
Thread poster: Jan Kapoun
Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:44
English to Russian
RE: Please share your ideas! Oct 19, 2020

Jan Kapoun wrote:
Unfortunately, this program has obviously stirred lots of bad blood

Wasn't it you who asked to share a better solution? Why do you mention bad blood then?

Jan Kapoun
Jan Kapoun  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 19:44
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you again :) Oct 19, 2020

Stepan Konev wrote:

Jan Kapoun wrote:
Unfortunately, this program has obviously stirred lots of bad blood

Wasn't it you who asked to share a better solution? Why do you mention bad blood then?

Those ideas were great, thank you again for them Well, Bohemicus is a complex tool, this is just one of the features it offers.
I made it originally for me, because I am a translator, too. I was not too happy with those solutions available at that time (e.g. clipboard managers), so I wrote this tool to suit my own needs.

But I cannot write anything anymore here, as somebody obvioulsy took the extra step to announce this topic to the forum administrator as "advertising my own product"... which is true, of course

And of course, because I invested a bit of my time into it, I'd like to take the liberty and ask for a bit of reward for it

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:44
English to Russian
C'est la vie Oct 19, 2020

Jan Kapoun wrote:
somebody obviously took the extra step to announce this topic to the forum administrator as "advertising my own product"

Nice. What is there to say...
Somebody else has a similar app for promotion I guess...

Matthias Brombach

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:44
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
You can find a version of the script in the comments of this blog post Oct 20, 2020

Stepan Konev wrote:

Riccardo Schiaffino wrote:
I developed a short program in AutoHotkey.

Would you be so kind as to share your script here? Thank you.

Hi Stepan,

You can find a fairly complete version of the script (which grew out of a group discussion, with several contributors) in the comments section of this blog post (on Paul Filkin’s Multifarious blog): Those Dumb Smart Quotes.

Stepan Konev

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wrestling with those pesky quotation marks?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »