Helle Gylling
Helle Gylling  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:43
English to Danish
+ ...
Dec 8, 2020

Hi

I have Trados Studio 2019 and this morning, my computer suffered a fatal crash out of nowhere, so I am not able to deactivate the old Studio on that computer, and I am trying to "Reset" my license, but I get an error massage each time I try - it just says "An error occurred".

I watched the official SDL video on how to do it - but I cannot get it to work. It just keep giving me that error message.

I am supposed to receive a large job tomorrow!

... See more
Hi

I have Trados Studio 2019 and this morning, my computer suffered a fatal crash out of nowhere, so I am not able to deactivate the old Studio on that computer, and I am trying to "Reset" my license, but I get an error massage each time I try - it just says "An error occurred".

I watched the official SDL video on how to do it - but I cannot get it to work. It just keep giving me that error message.

I am supposed to receive a large job tomorrow!

What do I do?

Helle
Collapse

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 17:43
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
From what I can remember... Dec 8, 2020

In such a scenario, the best thing to do would be to contact SDL support. I know they don’t answer quickly but still I advise you to do it, or maybe phone them to assist you.

Do you have a type of license you can use on two different machines?
Your process should involve the “return” license button first, and only after that the reinstall/reset, if I remember correctly. Can you follow on that from your SDL account?

[Edited at 2020-12-08 16:08 GMT]

Helle Gylling
Helle Gylling  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:43
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL helped Dec 8, 2020

Actually SDL just reset it for me so I should be all set now. Just need to download Trados to another computer : )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"An error occurred" when I tried to "Reset my license"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »