Thread poster: Sarah Bichot (X)
Sarah Bichot (X)
Sarah Bichot (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:56
French to English
Apr 10, 2020

Hello,
I hope ProZers are keeping well and coping in these strange times...
I would be very grateful to hear from anyone who might be able to help with a Trados problem.
Yesterday I was working in Studio 2019 on a Word project. I had not yet generated the translation.
This morning when I open Studio, I get the following error message :
"The translation memory data file engine returned an error: file is not a database".
When I ok the message window, Studio shut
... See more
Hello,
I hope ProZers are keeping well and coping in these strange times...
I would be very grateful to hear from anyone who might be able to help with a Trados problem.
Yesterday I was working in Studio 2019 on a Word project. I had not yet generated the translation.
This morning when I open Studio, I get the following error message :
"The translation memory data file engine returned an error: file is not a database".
When I ok the message window, Studio shuts down.
If I try to open any project file on my PC, I get the error message:
"Impossible d'appeler Invoke ou BeginInvoke sur un contrôle tant que le handle de fenêtre n'a pas été crée."
Thanks in advance!
Sarah
Collapse

Ditte Duclert
Ditte Duclert  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2011)
English to Danish
+ ...
Similar problem Dec 6, 2020

Hi,
I get a similar error message today after having used the alignment tool, and now Trados won't open at all. What did you do in the end?

I generally find Studio 2019 very tempramental, unstable and easy to crash. I recently updated to the latest software version, but I don't find much improvement. Are you finding that too?

TIA.

Sadek_A
Sadek_A  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:56
English to Arabic
+ ...
..... Dec 7, 2020

1- Ignore that error message

2- Double click Cancel in the error prompt window

3- If (Automatically re-open previously edited documents) is enabled:
Go to File > Options > Editor and disable the option Automatically re-open previously edited documents

4- If (Automatically re-open previously edited documents) is already chosen but the value is not saved:
Activate any other option and then again (Automatically re-open previously edited documents)<
... See more
1- Ignore that error message

2- Double click Cancel in the error prompt window

3- If (Automatically re-open previously edited documents) is enabled:
Go to File > Options > Editor and disable the option Automatically re-open previously edited documents

4- If (Automatically re-open previously edited documents) is already chosen but the value is not saved:
Activate any other option and then again (Automatically re-open previously edited documents)

5- Change name of the folder where the last project you worked on is stored. Studio loses the path and opens without having a project in active state. Then rename that folder and open the project by clicking on the *.sdlproj icon.

6- Rename this trados version path (unhide your hidden files/folders, if you can't find it):
c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\14.0.0.0
Into something like:
c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\14.0.0.0_old

7- Log a support ticket
https://gateway.sdl.com/webtocase (choose installation issues)

8- Request license reset
https://gateway.sdl.com/liveagentlicensing

All the above answers are taken from SDL community.
Collapse

Sarah Bichot (X)
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2019 "file is not a database" fix Dec 7, 2020

Hi Ditte,

I had a helpful reply from Paul on the SDL help forum and followed his instructions. I've had to do the same once more since then. Basically, it was this:

Go to
C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15000
Rename the Translation Memory Localisation file by adding _old
Restart your computer.

He also switching of synch (with google drive, if you use it) while working in Studio, because a synch will take place ever
... See more
Hi Ditte,

I had a helpful reply from Paul on the SDL help forum and followed his instructions. I've had to do the same once more since then. Basically, it was this:

Go to
C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15000
Rename the Translation Memory Localisation file by adding _old
Restart your computer.

He also switching of synch (with google drive, if you use it) while working in Studio, because a synch will take place every time you confirm a segment and the pc can’t handle it.

I find Studio 2019 relatively stable, but I have heard other people say they find it crashes a lot. One colleague said recently that he found the new 2021 version much more stable. I think it can depend on your overall set up.

Hope this helps,
Have a good day,
Sarah
Collapse

Sarah Bichot (X)
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
typos Dec 7, 2020

sorry, I meant "he recommended switching off synchronisation"

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2019 error message :"file is not a database"

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »