Thread poster: P-O Nilsson
P-O Nilsson
P-O Nilsson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 15:33
Member (2010)
English to Swedish
Oct 21, 2019

Hi, I have a Studio project consisting of several hundred small files located in folders and subfolders. Is there any way I can view the contents of all these files in the form of a single file in the editor interface while translating? /Per-Ola Nilsson

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Per-Ola Oct 21, 2019

P-O Nilsson wrote:
I have a Studio project consisting of several hundred small files located in folders and subfolders. Is there any way I can view the contents of all these files in the form of a single file in the editor interface while translating?

Yes. In the "Files" pane on the left, near the bottom, make sure "Include subfolders" is ticked. Then, depending on where you click in the pane on the left, you should be able to see all files in the pane on the right. Select them all, right-click, and select "Open for translation".

Note that you have to close that multi-file view again if you want to open any of the files individually.

Maud Durand
Maud Durand  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2013)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Yes, it’s possible! Oct 21, 2019

It’s quite easy. Select “include subfolders” in files view. With Ctrl key, select all the files you want to open, and right click to open.

P-O Nilsson
P-O Nilsson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2010)
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Oct 21, 2019

Works like a charm. Thank you both!

Best Regards,
Per-Ola

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Viewing several files as a single file in SDL Trados Studio 2019

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »