Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory..
Thread poster: Bruno Depascale
Bruno Depascale
Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:25
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 14, 2017

Hi everybody, when I try to add a term from within Studio 2017 SR1 to multiform termbase, I got the following error message:

"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt".

I have tried reorganizing the termbase, removing and reinstalling trados and multiterm 2017 and I have checked that both applications are up-to-date. Also, I don't have any antivirus installed.

Thank you for your help,

... See more
Hi everybody, when I try to add a term from within Studio 2017 SR1 to multiform termbase, I got the following error message:

"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt".

I have tried reorganizing the termbase, removing and reinstalling trados and multiterm 2017 and I have checked that both applications are up-to-date. Also, I don't have any antivirus installed.

Thank you for your help,

Bruno

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

System.AccessViolationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop
c__DisplayClass3.b__2()
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteAction(IAction action, ActionOrigin origin, Boolean allowToggle)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteActionForShortcut(Keys shortcut)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.StudioWindowForm.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]>

SDL Trados Studio
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
NULL
DESKTOP-Q95VB79\Bruno
DESKTOP-Q95VB79
True
3526180 MB

[Edited at 2017-10-14 10:12 GMT]
Collapse

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
SDL community Oct 14, 2017

Ciao Bruno. Personally I still haven't installed 2017, precisely because I'm always very wary of new Studio releases and read that a lot of people were having a lot of issues.

It seems there already are a number of threads (including yours) about this specific problem on the SDL community fora ( http://goo.gl/1Kad9n ). Just yesterday, another one got thi
... See more
Ciao Bruno. Personally I still haven't installed 2017, precisely because I'm always very wary of new Studio releases and read that a lot of people were having a lot of issues.

It seems there already are a number of threads (including yours) about this specific problem on the SDL community fora ( http://goo.gl/1Kad9n ). Just yesterday, another one got this reply: http://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/90/p/14489/51687#51687

Doesn't sound particularly promising, but who knows?

BTW, is that kind of memory usage (3.5 GB) "normal" for Studio, or does it hint at a possible memory leak or something?
Collapse

Bruno Depascale
Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
an old issue Oct 14, 2017

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

It seems there already are a number of threads (including yours) about this specific problem on the SDL community fora ( http://goo.gl/1Kad9n ). Just yesterday, another one got this reply: http://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/90/p/14489/51687#51687

Doesn't sound particularly promising, but who knows?

BTW, is that kind of memory usage (3.5 GB) "normal" for Studio, or does it hint at a possible memory leak or something?

Thank you Mirko,
yes I already tried that solution, but it doesn't work..
However, I also found a post of 2015 about my same problem, so I thought it had been solved..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory..

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »