SDL Trados 2017: the upgrade option is greyed out
Thread poster: Samsu Umar
Samsu Umar
Samsu Umar
Local time: 15:50
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Oct 10, 2017

Hello, I would need some help with my situation. The TM upgrade option in the project setting is somehow greyed out. I could upgrade the TM once, but after I worked on another project using the same TM, I cannot upgrade it anymore. The button is just greyed out. Will need your advice. Thanks!

Recep Kurt
Recep Kurt  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 11:50
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Updating the TM Oct 10, 2017

Hi Samsu,

You are not supposed to "upgrade" periodically, if I am not mistaken.
"Upgrading" the TM means making it (more) compatible with the 2017 version. After the upgrade there is no need to repeat the process...

Samsu Umar
Samsu Umar
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Upgrade vs Update Oct 11, 2017

Hi Recep,

Thanks for the reply. Oh, I thought "upgrade" means we are updating our TM from our project. So, how can I do that? On Studio 2009, there was an option to update our primary TM, but I cannot find it in Studio 2017. I know there's an update checkbox in the Project Settings, but that only updates something that we are changing in the segments to the TM. But how to insert all of the segments to the TM (updating the TM) once we're done with the project? Could you please advise
... See more
Hi Recep,

Thanks for the reply. Oh, I thought "upgrade" means we are updating our TM from our project. So, how can I do that? On Studio 2009, there was an option to update our primary TM, but I cannot find it in Studio 2017. I know there's an update checkbox in the Project Settings, but that only updates something that we are changing in the segments to the TM. But how to insert all of the segments to the TM (updating the TM) once we're done with the project? Could you please advise? Thanks.
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:50
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Batch task Oct 11, 2017

Hi Samsu,

If the Update checkbox is checked, every time you confirm a segment it gets committed to the TM and the TM is updated with this new content.

If you still want to run an Update task, you can do so by selecting the appropriate files (in the Files view), and right-clicking or selecting Batch Tasks from the ribbon. From there, run the task called Update Main Translation Memories.

Samsu Umar
Samsu Umar
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found it Oct 13, 2017

Hi Nora,

Thanks so much for the reply and the hint. I can now update the TM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2017: the upgrade option is greyed out

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »