Is there a way to save both source and target in the same DOC file: source/target segments
Thread poster: Artyom Timeyev
Artyom Timeyev
Artyom Timeyev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:08
Russian to English
+ ...
Oct 6, 2017

I'm using Trados 2015, and I was given the task to produce my translation (from Russian to English) in such a manner that each source sentence (or paragraph) is followed by the slash symbol and then by the target sentence (or paragraph):

Стандартная операционная процедура/Standard Operating Procedure

I had already translated the entire text in Trados before the customer specified this requirement.
Is there a way to avoid manually c
... See more
I'm using Trados 2015, and I was given the task to produce my translation (from Russian to English) in such a manner that each source sentence (or paragraph) is followed by the slash symbol and then by the target sentence (or paragraph):

Стандартная операционная процедура/Standard Operating Procedure

I had already translated the entire text in Trados before the customer specified this requirement.
Is there a way to avoid manually copying and pasting bits of text from one Word file to another to create such a translation?
Can this be automated somehow?

[Edited at 2017-10-06 12:00 GMT]
Collapse

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:08
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Export for bilingual review Oct 6, 2017

This is an option and that is all I would offer a client to provide without additional charge:
http://producthelp.sdl.com/sdl_trados_studio_2015/client_en/edit_view/SendFilesforExternalReview.htm

This provides you with a word file with a bilingual table. If you want, you could edit it to remove some columns (e.g. the m
... See more
This is an option and that is all I would offer a client to provide without additional charge:
http://producthelp.sdl.com/sdl_trados_studio_2015/client_en/edit_view/SendFilesforExternalReview.htm

This provides you with a word file with a bilingual table. If you want, you could edit it to remove some columns (e.g. the match percentage column) or background colors of the cells, to make it a plain table.

Your specific request is not standard, so if that's what they want, I would tell them that there is an additional fee for doing that.
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 10:08
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
An app Oct 6, 2017

There's an app in the SDL App Store that may help you, as it places the target right below the source for each segment:

http://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/rys-enhanced-target-document-generator/805/

Artyom Timeyev
Artyom Timeyev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:08
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 6, 2017

Thank you, Lianne, Nora!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to save both source and target in the same DOC file: source/target segments

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »