Cambodia
Local time: 19:19
Member (2014)
English to Khmer (Central)
+ ...
May 19, 2018

Hello,
Please help me fix a problem.

I downloaded memoQ software for a one-month trial (memoQ translator pro 2015). i created a new project setting both source language and target language (Khmer). when translated i did not see Khmer scripts at target section but rectangular signs.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Som Kethyasey (Cambodian Translator)

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 14:19
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Arial Unicode May 19, 2018

Try changing the font to Arial Unicode.

Som Kethyasey
Som Kethyasey  Identity Verified
Cambodia
Member (2014)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Target language is not visible May 19, 2018

Hi Epameinondas,

Thank you very much for your advice.
Could you tell me how to set the font? i tried to set many times but failed.

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 14:19
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Set the font May 19, 2018

Right click somewhere in the grid and select Customize Appearance... from the context menu. Then select the font you want (Arial Unicode in our case) and click on the OK button.

Simple.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:19
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Khmer fonts May 19, 2018

Here are some links that may help you.

... See more
Here are some links that may help you.

https://kb.memoq.com/index.php?/article/AA-00448/0/How-to-determine-if-a-font-issue-is-memoQ-related.html

https://www.sbbic.org/2014/06/25/download-all-khmer-unicode-fonts/
Collapse

Som Kethyasey
Som Kethyasey  Identity Verified
Cambodia
Member (2014)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Target language is not visible May 19, 2018

I followed your instructions but it still doesn't work.

Thanks

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:19
Spanish to French
+ ...
memoQ translator pro 2015? May 21, 2018

May I ask why you downloaded memoQ translator pro 2015 when I see on Kilgray's webpage that there've been 5 new releases since then, memoQ translator pro 8.4 being the last?

JAGDISH ARORA
JAGDISH ARORA
India
Local time: 17:49
English to Hindi
+ ...
MemoQ Language problem Oct 28, 2022

I tried this method today as my MemoQ is not showing my Hindi language in the target translation box/grid.

This is how I did it.

If your language font is not there you have to install the font in the windows folder by downloading the font from the internet for your language.

Now a days if you download the font and double click it, the font installs automatically.

After that you have to start MemoQ and start your project. In the translation grid
... See more
I tried this method today as my MemoQ is not showing my Hindi language in the target translation box/grid.

This is how I did it.

If your language font is not there you have to install the font in the windows folder by downloading the font from the internet for your language.

Now a days if you download the font and double click it, the font installs automatically.

After that you have to start MemoQ and start your project. In the translation grid, you have to right click and select Customise Appearance option, which has the interface language. Under the English language options, you can see all the fonts available to select.

But even after doing all this steps the font/language of the source text language also changes even after I want only the target font/language to change. I am not sure about how people are able to use MemoQ when the target language does not show in the MemoQ software and it is also difficult to edit it.

Hopefully MemoQ can provide some help/support and proper guidance.

[Edited at 2022-10-28 13:29 GMT]
Collapse

seemajha043g

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Target language is not visible

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »