Is it intentional that MQ2015 is incompatible with MQ8.2 servers or just a bug?
Thread poster: Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:08
Danish to English
+ ...
Oct 10, 2017

A regular client of mine has upgraded their MemoQ server from 2015 to 8.2.

This appears to have caused compatibility problems with MemoQ 2015, which I'm using, as various errors have occurred, and it was even impossible to open a file.

Maybe Kilgray support could let us know if this is by design, or if MemoQ 2015 client should work with MemoQ server 8.2.

Kilgray support have still not fixed the Shift+F3 function they broke when they introduced version 8 sev
... See more
A regular client of mine has upgraded their MemoQ server from 2015 to 8.2.

This appears to have caused compatibility problems with MemoQ 2015, which I'm using, as various errors have occurred, and it was even impossible to open a file.

Maybe Kilgray support could let us know if this is by design, or if MemoQ 2015 client should work with MemoQ server 8.2.

Kilgray support have still not fixed the Shift+F3 function they broke when they introduced version 8 several months ago, so I'm still using version 2015. It simply ruins my concentration if I have to stop and think about that broken function every single time I need it. It interrupts my train of thought. A CAT tool is supposed to help the translator, not make translation more difficult for them. New versions are usually intended to make things better, not worse.

It should be fairly easy to fix the Shift+F3 function, simply by having the left and right arrow keys activate the present choice in the list instead of ignoring it, but it takes ages to get any reaction out of Kilgray on this subject, and in the meantime, this broken function is causing interface problems with my clients.

What is Kilgray doing about these problems?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it intentional that MQ2015 is incompatible with MQ8.2 servers or just a bug?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »