Rowan Morrell
Rowan Morrell  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 02:34
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 19, 2017

I have recently upgraded from memoQ 2015 to memoQ 8.2. Just did my first job with memoQ 8.2, which went OK for the most part. But I cannot seem to export QA reports anymore. Which is annoying, because the client I'm doing this job for likes to get the QA report along with the actual job. Another thing I noticed while going through the QA check was that the functions for ignoring certain errors en masse (like the extremely annoying and unnecessary "Extra term" errors) seem to be gone completely. ... See more
I have recently upgraded from memoQ 2015 to memoQ 8.2. Just did my first job with memoQ 8.2, which went OK for the most part. But I cannot seem to export QA reports anymore. Which is annoying, because the client I'm doing this job for likes to get the QA report along with the actual job. Another thing I noticed while going through the QA check was that the functions for ignoring certain errors en masse (like the extremely annoying and unnecessary "Extra term" errors) seem to be gone completely. Why Kilgray would remove such critical (IMO) functions, I have no idea. I hope they bring them back in a hurry.

Or is it just a bug with my particular version? What have other memoQ 8.2 users found when they try to run QA checks?
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:34
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you! Sep 19, 2017

Oh wow. We in the office use the en-masse Ignore in the QA function all the time! We could not live without it! I am emailing Kilgray immediatly to call their attention upon this topic and let me know whether they have removed it or (hopefully) placed it somewhere else.

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ignore All - It is still there! Sep 19, 2017

Rowan Morrell wrote:
Another thing I noticed while going through the QA check was that the functions for ignoring certain errors en masse (like the extremely annoying and unnecessary "Extra term" errors) seem to be gone completely.

You scared me to death! It was my fault, as I hadn't noticed that you upgraded from 2015. Indeed, the function is still there, but in another place. When you are in the "Resolve errors and warnings" taba, select the Review tab in the ribbon. There you will see the button "Ignore" with a drop-down little arrow. There you have Ignore all of this kind and Ignore all for this row.

I quite like having the functions in a button as opposed to a link as before. As for hiding ignored items, you now have it in a toggle button ("Hide Ignore Items") in the ribbon.

I hope this helps a bit!

Rowan Morrell
New Zealand
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Tomás Sep 19, 2017

That definitely does help. I'm so used to the memoQ 2015 way of doing things that it completely confused me not to see the usual links. I didn't realise the ribbon now had these features, but to be honest I prefer the old way - much more obvious. Now it seems a bit obscure.

For the life of me though, I still can't see a button or function for exporting a QA report.

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Also there in the ribbon! Sep 19, 2017

Rowan Morrell wrote:
For the life of me though, I still can't see a button or function for exporting a QA report.

I do not yet have 8.2 installed, but in 8.1 the option to export the report is right there in the ribbon, Review tab, below the Hide Ignored Items and Hide Warnings toggles. Can't you see it there?

Rowan Morrell
New Zealand
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Now everything is clear Sep 20, 2017

Even though I delivered the job last night, I've gone into it again to run another QA check. Now that I know where to look, I can see the various buttons plainly on the ribbon, including the Export one! And the export worked as usual, so now I can slightly belatedly send it to my client. I think last night I might have had the wrong tab selected, so that's why I didn't see any of it. But then also, I'm so used to how memoQ 2015 works that the change they've made took me completely by surprise (s... See more
Even though I delivered the job last night, I've gone into it again to run another QA check. Now that I know where to look, I can see the various buttons plainly on the ribbon, including the Export one! And the export worked as usual, so now I can slightly belatedly send it to my client. I think last night I might have had the wrong tab selected, so that's why I didn't see any of it. But then also, I'm so used to how memoQ 2015 works that the change they've made took me completely by surprise (somehow I never got the 8.0 or 8.1 updates, or it wouldn't have felt quite so much like an "ambush").

Have you ever gone into a shop and wandered over to your favourite section only to discover it wasn't there anymore but had been replaced by some other section you have no interest in? Of course, it's not that the shop removed the section, but rather they shifted it elsewhere. And eventually you manage to find your favourite section again and buy what you want. I really hate it when shops move everything around - find it very disconcerting and disorienting at first. But then I adjust and carry on as before. It's just that the change is so startling and unexpected when I'm first confronted with it. I don't mind change (although I am quite conservative), but I don't like sudden change being foisted on me unexpectedly. Well, this is exactly the type of experience I have just had with memoQ 8.2 and the way the various QA functions have shifted from memoQ 2015.

Anyway, just as I adjust to a shop's new layout after the first disorienting experience of change, I'm sure I will now adjust to memoQ 8.2's relocation of the QA checking functions. Perhaps I will even get to like it better than the old way! Progressiveness is occasionally all right in moderation. Anyway, thank you very much, Tomás, for your help and giving me a "guided tour" of the new layout that helped me find what I wanted! Much appreciated.
Collapse

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
With memoQ, change is always there! Sep 20, 2017

Rowan Morrell wrote:
I don't like sudden change being foisted on me unexpectedly.

Indeed this is a thought that occupies me at times. With memoQ, you will always have some kind of evolution. While I sometimes disagree with the changes (like the change to a new paradigm in the Find/Replace dialog box, which I am now more used to), memoQ's overall evolution since I began using it 2009 has been really remarkable and it has clearly made me a lot more productive over the years.

Maybe my problem is that I rarely have the time to follow the webinars memoQ holds and publishes regularly about all new/changed features, so if you can spend an hour every month to watch these webinars, it will certainly pay and will make you more productive with the tool.

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't Export QA Reports in MemoQ 8.2

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »