Working cooperatively with MemoQ
Thread poster: Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 17:30
German to English
+ ...
Sep 14, 2017

I have a large project with many files that I need to translate together with a colleague. What is the best way to share the updated TM (probably once per day). In Trados it was possible to export TM entries changed after a certain date, for example, changes made the previous day ("TM delta"); this "TM delta" could then be imported by my colleague to update his TM.
In MemoQ I have not found any way of customising the TM Export.

What is the best way of working cooperatively in
... See more
I have a large project with many files that I need to translate together with a colleague. What is the best way to share the updated TM (probably once per day). In Trados it was possible to export TM entries changed after a certain date, for example, changes made the previous day ("TM delta"); this "TM delta" could then be imported by my colleague to update his TM.
In MemoQ I have not found any way of customising the TM Export.

What is the best way of working cooperatively in MemoQ?
Collapse

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 18:30
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Language Terminal Sep 14, 2017

Your colleague and you need to use Language Terminal (see the link) in order to create and share a TM and a TB (termbase). First, you both need to create an account with Language Terminal, then you as the project manager need to create a TM and a TB (optional) in the Language Terminal and share them with your colleague. After that, go to memoQ program, connect the Language Terminal account to memoQ and add the shared TM t... See more
Your colleague and you need to use Language Terminal (see the link) in order to create and share a TM and a TB (termbase). First, you both need to create an account with Language Terminal, then you as the project manager need to create a TM and a TB (optional) in the Language Terminal and share them with your colleague. After that, go to memoQ program, connect the Language Terminal account to memoQ and add the shared TM to the list of your memoQ TMs. In this way, you both translate the project, and use and update the TM at the same time.

[Edited at 2017-09-14 06:44 GMT]
Collapse

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Working cooperatively Sep 14, 2017

Andreij

Thanks for the fast reply and the info.

Regards

Tony

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Language Terminal import failed Sep 15, 2017

The import of my TMX failed; 10161 units imported. Is it possible to see which units failed (the TM had 14483 entries)?

[Edited at 2017-09-15 05:40 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Handling TM export in memoQ Sep 15, 2017

RE: In MemoQ I have not found any way of customising the TM Export.

Translation Memories - select TM - Edit - check 'After' - select the desired date and time - press OK - Export

http://kilgray.com/memoq/2015/help-en/index.html?edit_a_translation_memory_filt.html

[Edited at 2017-09-15 11:00 GMT]

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
TMX Check Sep 15, 2017

asr2 wrote:
The import of my TMX failed; 10161 units imported. Is it possible to see which units failed (the TM had 14483 entries)?

You can try to open your TMX file with a small free program called Olifant (download link). As a rule, Olifant displays description of an error if there's one in a TMX file. You can fix it in Notepad++ editor, save and try to open it with Olifant again. After fixing the file, import it into Language Terminal shared TM again.

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TMX verification Sep 15, 2017

Andriy

Once again thanks. The Olifant did not issue any error messages.

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Handling TM export in memoQ Sep 15, 2017

Stepan

Thanks. It was obvious when you know where to look.

Regards
Tony

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working cooperatively with MemoQ

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »