Off topic: The Little Translator, back in September. Lousy plots, bad puns and more wavies.
Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:57
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 8, 2017

´Fraid so. Don't say you weren't warned. I had a lot of er, "material" left over for future episodes, so we'll see how it goes. But hardly the same volumes and regularity - drove me nuts in the end, plus it was getting seriously in the way of earning a crust.

Last LT was on 4 March 2009. Doesn't time fly? And we're no closer to colla
... See more
´Fraid so. Don't say you weren't warned. I had a lot of er, "material" left over for future episodes, so we'll see how it goes. But hardly the same volumes and regularity - drove me nuts in the end, plus it was getting seriously in the way of earning a crust.

Last LT was on 4 March 2009. Doesn't time fly? And we're no closer to collaring the Asmatutakoizena Killer:

http://www.proz.com/forum/lighter_side_of_trans_interp/129145-the_little_translator_mi5_and_jimmy_the_weasel.html?

And if you're relatively new and are wondering what the wavies are:

http://www.proz.com/forum/lighter_side_of_trans_interp/107185-the_little_translator_addresses_the_queen_of_england.html

Have a good summer!!

Mervyn
Collapse

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
So glad Little Translator will come back! Aug 8, 2017

I really missed it!

In the meantime., have a good summer as well and see you soon.

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Eight years already? Aug 8, 2017

woof, that's scary.
I look forward to the next season! Long live the LT.
Have a lovely summer.

Philippe

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Wow! Aug 9, 2017

I remember I downloaded the whole saga and waited with bated breath for new episodes...
If I can't find it in the archives, it would warrant reviving my old XP computer, where it will turn up.
I knew there was a good reason for not scrapping it!

Have a good summer yourself!

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Something to look forward to Aug 9, 2017

...always a good idea for there to be something positive on the horizon after the summer.

Alexandra Scott
Alexandra Scott  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:57
Member (2006)
Italian to English
+ ...
Can't wait for the return of LT! Aug 10, 2017

Will definitely search the archives for "wavies".

Heading off on vacation tomorrow so it will make perfect beach reading!!

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Should be out ... Sep 4, 2017

... some time tomorrow or the next day. Worra slog. A bit longer than I'm used to, and maybe a teensy bit darker than I'm used to as well. Thought about putting it out in two parts, but just couldn't figure out how. The lighter bits will be in the middle, though. Prepare yourselves for some dreadfully bad plays on words.

Gotta get back to 9K for Friday. Worra slog again.

Mervyn

[Edited at 2017-09-04 18:26 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Little Translator, back in September. Lousy plots, bad puns and more wavies.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »