Post job second time
Thread poster: MichaelLeonard
MichaelLeonard
MichaelLeonard  Identity Verified
Germany
Sep 5, 2017

Hi
may I ask a questions, because I am not yet very familiar with ProZ?

I got quite a few offers for translating my hiking guide (GE-English), but most of the translaters had been not GB persons.
Can I repost the job with the requirement of native british translators?

Greetings

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:26
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Follow intructions Sep 5, 2017

MichaelLeonard wrote:

Hi
may I ask a questions, because I am not yet very familiar with ProZ?

I got quite a few offers for translating my hiking guide (GE-English), but most of the translaters had been not GB persons.

Greetings

There is a box for requiring native only, before it is better to close the first you posted

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:26
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
English-native can be chosen automatically; restricting to British English may be more difficult Sep 5, 2017

MichaelLeonard wrote:

Yes, you can specify that only those who have English listed as their native language, or one of their native languages, are eligible. Unfortunately, although we can specify our native variant, it doesn't seem as though it's possible to restrict the job posting to those who say they speak it. The job will be open to all self-declared English native speakers. It's up to you to make it very clear in the free-form box exactly what your requirements are.

When you get notified of applicants (assuming you're using the ProZ.com quoting interface rather than asking for email quotes), I believe it will list their native language(s) and variant(s) so you can discount those who say they're native in more than one language or variant, and only investigate those who have "English" or "English (British)" as their single native language. Then it will simply be a matter of finding out which variant applies to those who haven't specified one.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Post job second time

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »