Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:55
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 9, 2017

Hello,

I've seen other CATs working with fragment assembly and subsegments extracted from the TMs used in a project.
Do you have any idea this will also be implemented in the new releases of Wordfast 5? This seems to be a useful function.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 18:55
English to Thai
+ ...
Helpful function Jun 9, 2017

Lucia Messuti wrote:

Hello,

I've seen other CATs working with fragment assembly and subsegments extracted from the TMs used in a project.
Do you have any idea this will also be implemented in the new releases of Wordfast 5? This seems to be a useful function.

Such suggestion enhances how to use CAT tools among translators. I also expect this function. By the way, I cannot see this function in other CATs.

Dr. Soonthon Lupkitaro Ph.D.
Bangkok

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 18:55
English to Indonesian
+ ...
What you can't see, cannot possibly exist Jun 9, 2017

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:
By the way, I cannot see this function in other CATs.

The gif below shows you - in a rather primitive way - that "fragment assembly and subsegments extracted from the TMs" is possible. I only used one TM, and not a very suitable one for your text at that. You can probably imagine that using better TMs, plus termbases, plus "repair" using MTs (not my workflow, though) can lead to a pretty good assembled translation.

Cheers,

Hans

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
There are quite a few Jun 9, 2017

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

Lucia Messuti wrote:

Hello,

Such suggestion enhances how to use CAT tools among translators. I also expect this function. By the way, I cannot see this function in other CATs.

Dr. Soonthon Lupkitaro Ph.D.
Bangkok

Studio 2017 - Fragment Matches (active) + Autosuggest dictionaries (passive)
Cafetran - don't know the name
Deja Vu X3 - Deepminer
MemoQ - LSC

BTW, I think Wordfast should work on their Autosuggest feature in WF Professional. From what I've seen it's light years behind the competition, and even behind its Wordfast Classic incarnation (which up to 6.04k used to have an excellent Autosuggest solution).

[Edited at 2017-06-09 13:19 GMT]

Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Autosuggest feature Jun 27, 2017

The autosuggest feature would be an interesting function but it only provides suggestions from the glossary and not from the TM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fragment assembly and subsegments in otehr CATs

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »