Thread poster: Monika Richrath
Monika Richrath
Monika Richrath  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:10
Simple English to German
+ ...
Aug 17, 2017

Since I use Studio 2017, my translation memory as well as the term bank is not usable. I can open and add both (it is well visible in the translation memory view) but in the editor view, there is no translation memory.

New translated units are not saved.

Has anybody an idea what to do? Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Monika

Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 06:10
English to Italian
+ ...
Did you update the TM? Aug 18, 2017

Monika Richrath wrote:

Since I use Studio 2017, my translation memory as well as the term bank is not usable. I can open and add both (it is well visible in the translation memory view) but in the editor view, there is no translation memory.

New translated units are not saved.

Has anybody an idea what to do? Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Monika

Did you use the "Update TM" function to upgrade the old TMs to Studio 2017? When you access the Translation Memory tab and open the TM in that tab, does it's icon show a little triangle in it? If so, try and right click the TM name and then select the Update TM function.

Monika Richrath
Monika Richrath  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:10
Simple English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Partly solved Aug 19, 2017

Thank you. This was the first thing I tried, unfortunately without success. I found out that the TM had been automatically saved after updating in a wrong folder and I had not activated it. So my problem is partly solved. However, it is still not running correctly and keeps saying that my TM should be updated ... Thanks for your help anyway!

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:10
English to Russian
Sorry if it's too obvious to suggest Aug 21, 2017

When you open a TM in Translation Memories view (and upgrade it there), it does not mean that you use this TM for your project. Translation Memories pane is designed for minimum TM maintenance purposes only.
To make sure that you use a TM for your project, you need to go to Project Settings - All languages... to see the list of your TMs.
Is there a tick in Update column for your expeceted TM?
If not, or if you don't see that TM there at all, click Add... File-based TM... loca
... See more
When you open a TM in Translation Memories view (and upgrade it there), it does not mean that you use this TM for your project. Translation Memories pane is designed for minimum TM maintenance purposes only.
To make sure that you use a TM for your project, you need to go to Project Settings - All languages... to see the list of your TMs.
Is there a tick in Update column for your expeceted TM?
If not, or if you don't see that TM there at all, click Add... File-based TM... locate your TM. When it appears in the list, make sure that Update box is checked.
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation memory does not work in Studio 2017

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »