Powwow: Fort Lauderdale - United States

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Fort Lauderdale - United States".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Leandro Odero
Leandro Odero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:40
English to Spanish
Thanks for signing up guys! We could start the meeting at 7:00 pm if everyone agrees with that. Feb 14, 2017

Just let me know if 7:00 pm would be a good time for all of you to come.

Soledad Caño
Soledad Caño  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hi Leandro, Feb 14, 2017

Thank you for the invitation but unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time.
Hope you have fun!
All the best,
Soledad

Leandro Odero
United States
English to Spanish
You're welcome, Soledad. Feb 14, 2017

I am hoping for many more ProZ.com Powwows to be organized this year, 2017, in the South Florida area.

This one would only be the first one of many more to come.

All the best,

Leandro D. Odero

Davide Leone
Davide Leone  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2015)
English to Italian
+ ...
7:00PM Feb 15, 2017

Yes 7:00PM is fine

Leandro Odero
United States
English to Spanish
Great! Feb 16, 2017

We will all meet up at 7:00 PM at the Starbucks location mentioned above.

Phoenix III
Phoenix III  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Cool! Feb 16, 2017

I will be slightly late but I'll be there. Thanks so much.

Phoenix III
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks for signing up guys! We could start the meeting at 7:00 pm if everyone agrees with that. Feb 16, 2017

Leandro Odero wrote:

Just let me know if 7:00 pm would be a good time for all of you to come.

I will be a bit late, but I'll be there around 7:30 pm. Thanks so much!

Leandro Odero
United States
English to Spanish
Cool! Feb 16, 2017

Phoenix III wrote:

I will be slightly late but I'll be there. Thanks so much.

Wonderful! See you guys this Saturday!

Davide Leone
United States
Member (2015)
English to Italian
+ ...
HI Feb 18, 2017

Hey Leandro,
I am not feeling well this morning, and I doubt that I will make it to the powwow tonight. I hope that you will organize another powwow soon, so I can meet fellow professionals in the area. I wish you guys a profitable networking experience tonight.

Leandro Odero
United States
English to Spanish
There will be more upcoming Powwows. Feb 18, 2017

Davide Leone wrote:

Hey Leandro,
I am not feeling well this morning, and I doubt that I will make it to the powwow tonight. I hope that you will organize another powwow soon, so I can meet fellow professionals in the area. I wish you guys a profitable networking experience tonight.

Hello Davide,
I hope you feel much better soon. I will try to organize another Powwow in the next few months. However, I will be there today (at Starbucks) at 7:00 PM for any translators and/or interpreters who did not sign up, but probably would like to attend.
And hopefully there will be more ProZ users interested to attend the next Powwow in the South Florida area.
All the best!
Leandro D. Odero

Davide Leone
United States
Member (2015)
English to Italian
+ ...
Thanks Feb 18, 2017

Thank you very much Leandro. See you at the next powwow.

Phoenix III
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
What happened? Feb 19, 2017

I was (still am) sick with the flu but I didn't have Leandro's telephone number to let you know that it was safer for me to sneeze at home than in public, but I decided to risk the public's health. When I arrived there were 3 guys one in each table @ Starbucks each with his own laptop and they did not even wink when I walked in. I am assuming that that was because none were my fellow ProZ colleagues waiting for the meeting to take place since even though I looked like I was either lost or lookin... See more
I was (still am) sick with the flu but I didn't have Leandro's telephone number to let you know that it was safer for me to sneeze at home than in public, but I decided to risk the public's health. When I arrived there were 3 guys one in each table @ Starbucks each with his own laptop and they did not even wink when I walked in. I am assuming that that was because none were my fellow ProZ colleagues waiting for the meeting to take place since even though I looked like I was either lost or looking for somebody and nobody asked if I was a ProZ member. I hope the next time we can set up a table with a ProZ sign or something... I felt really odd and since I didn't want to stand in the corner of Starbucks (all 3 tables were taken by the 3 guys) I just walked out and drove back home to some more NyQuil and hot tea.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Fort Lauderdale - United States

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »