Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
inserting a thin non-breaking space in Word, macro (?)
Thread poster: Marta Fernandez-Suarez (X)
Marta Fernandez-Suarez (X)
Marta Fernandez-Suarez (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:40
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
of course Nov 2, 2006

Hello Tony

Yes, sorry, of course you are right on this little point on "less" and the decimals. A big blunder on my part as I was thinking more in the tone of your post than in the actual post...

I am sure anyone could understand what I meant when I wrote "less" there, but nevertheless, no doubt, a mistake.

On the rest, with my "says who?" I was just asking for the references, the source of your info. It is very com
... See more
Hello Tony

Yes, sorry, of course you are right on this little point on "less" and the decimals. A big blunder on my part as I was thinking more in the tone of your post than in the actual post...

I am sure anyone could understand what I meant when I wrote "less" there, but nevertheless, no doubt, a mistake.

On the rest, with my "says who?" I was just asking for the references, the source of your info. It is very common to want to know the source of the information when it comes to translating issues. You might understand if you re-read what you wrote in a few days. I have been perfectly polite with you, even if writing "says who?" is informal, it was never meant to be offensive.

Well, this is leading nowhere, so fine to end it here as far as I am concerned.

Fantastic! This thread has become a hot topic due to a personal argument. Urrayyyy! Sorry to anybody who has had to read these last posts, I know it is no use to anybody.

[Edited at 2006-11-02 19:24]
Collapse

Charles Stanford
Charles Stanford  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:40
Member (2008)
Czech to English
+ ...
Poor Tony - he tried to help.... May 19, 2017

11 years on but I think Tony has been done a major injustice in this thread.

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 12:40
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks a lot, Charles! May 19, 2017

Charles Stanford wrote:

11 years on but I think Tony has been done a major injustice in this thread.

How kind of you to notice, Charles!

I was merely trying to give my (slightly) expert input from the basis of prior professional experience — I was dealing with hot-metal typography long before computers and DTP even existed!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

inserting a thin non-breaking space in Word, macro (?)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »