Mayca M.R.
Mayca M.R.  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 23, 2016

Dear colleagues,

I am working on a Word file gaven by Trados. It is a manual about a device.

On the page where I am now, I have a corrupted diagramm that I would like to change by the same diagramm (right version) that I have on another Word file.

Do you know how can I transfer the right diagramm to the old file so that I can continue editing my translation?

It would be very important that the table of content doesn´t get affected by this fa
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am working on a Word file gaven by Trados. It is a manual about a device.

On the page where I am now, I have a corrupted diagramm that I would like to change by the same diagramm (right version) that I have on another Word file.

Do you know how can I transfer the right diagramm to the old file so that I can continue editing my translation?

It would be very important that the table of content doesn´t get affected by this fact of deleting and replacing.

Any help would be welcome, since I am lost right now.

Kind regards,
Mayca
Collapse

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 11:46
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Copy and Paste Aug 23, 2016

Mayca M.R.
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Aug 23, 2016

[Edited at 2016-08-23 09:46 GMT]

Mayca M.R.
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hahaha! Aug 23, 2016

No, the idea of Captain Obvious doesn´t work this time.
Any more ideas maybe from Captain Brilliant?
Kind regards,
Mayca

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 12:46
German to Turkish
+ ...
Copy and paste from the source word file to the target word file after you export it. Aug 23, 2016

I am not sure bu Sergei Leshchinsky may have told this

If you had the word file as the original source, then you can simply complete the translation, export it, and add the diagram to the final file.

If you were given the translatable (trados) file as source and the word file as reference, you may want to include then diagram as a separate file, translate it and send it along with the translation file a
... See more
I am not sure bu Sergei Leshchinsky may have told this

If you had the word file as the original source, then you can simply complete the translation, export it, and add the diagram to the final file.

If you were given the translatable (trados) file as source and the word file as reference, you may want to include then diagram as a separate file, translate it and send it along with the translation file as a separate file and the agency would take care of the rest.

Unless you are a DTP person and have access to all information, other solutions may pose problems (imho of course).

Elif
Collapse

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 10:46
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
More details... Aug 24, 2016

Well, if the obvious solution doesn't work, perhaps you need to give us more details of just what is going wrong?

What is the format of the 'corrupted' image? And in what WAY is it "corrupted"? Is this some kind of editable graphic created in Word or a related program — or is it some more exotic format not editable in Office? If so, I am puzzled as to the way in which it could be "corrupted"?

Do you need to translate the text in the graphic? Are you attempting to fidd
... See more
Well, if the obvious solution doesn't work, perhaps you need to give us more details of just what is going wrong?

What is the format of the 'corrupted' image? And in what WAY is it "corrupted"? Is this some kind of editable graphic created in Word or a related program — or is it some more exotic format not editable in Office? If so, I am puzzled as to the way in which it could be "corrupted"?

Do you need to translate the text in the graphic? Are you attempting to fiddle with the graphic and actually enter your translation, e.g. by overlaying little text boxes?

What I have done in the past was to use the 'Capture' tool (or even 'Snaphshot' from Acrobat) to create a JPG image, which I have then pasted into my DOC and added overlaid translation boxes. This could be a last-ditch solution for you if all else fails...
Collapse

Mayca M.R.
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much for your input, guys! Sep 3, 2016

Finally, I solved the problem not without some struggle from my side, which now would be really long to explain.
Kind regards,
Mayca

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deleting a corrupted diagramm and adding the right one in its place

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »