Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:00
Member (2008)
Italian to English
EVEry. Jul 21, 2017

TariqSh wrote:

.... If in any given day I had to finish over 3000 or 5000 words, then I may be able to do that, but not everyday

..or indeed, every day.

MARLENE LE DUC (X)
MARLENE LE DUC (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:00
English to French
Of, course not ! Jul 21, 2017

They are squizzing the lemon! ... (as we say in France)

You'll have to do something about it, you're risking a burn-out or even worse.
At some moment of my life, I was working really hard, no holydays, 12 hours per days, etc . Then I started to have a painful shoulder, as the days were passing the pain get down the arm, in fact it wasn't that painful; it was more like if my arm was becoming an heavy piece of marshmallow. Two days later, it was my leg !
Hospital, emergen
... See more
They are squizzing the lemon! ... (as we say in France)

You'll have to do something about it, you're risking a burn-out or even worse.
At some moment of my life, I was working really hard, no holydays, 12 hours per days, etc . Then I started to have a painful shoulder, as the days were passing the pain get down the arm, in fact it wasn't that painful; it was more like if my arm was becoming an heavy piece of marshmallow. Two days later, it was my leg !
Hospital, emergency, brain surgery, aneurism, wheel-chair, no insurance for disabilities, no incomes, back to translations a week after !

Please take a break, You can't do that any longer.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How many pages to translate a day?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »