Any way to make Trados/MemoQ not scroll to the very bottom of the screen when translating?
Thread poster: Halvor Halvorsen
Halvor Halvorsen
Halvor Halvorsen
Norway
Local time: 10:29
Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
May 30, 2017

I have this minor issue using Trados/MemoQ. You start translating at the top of the page. Then, as you translate, you move to the very bottom segment. Then, as you move past the first page, it stays at the bottom. My question is – is there a way to adjust the program so that you start at say the second or third segment from the bottom? It seems better if you want to keep an oversight over what's to come.

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 11:29
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Pin current segment to middle May 30, 2017

Hi Halvor. What you want is what Trados Studio does. memoQ does it differently: it keeps the current segment in the middle of the screen at all times. Here's how:

1. Go to the View tab.

2. In the Layout group of buttons, press the Active Row button.

3. Select In the Middle (Left/Right) or In the Middle (Horizontal)

sam@fr-uk
sam@fr-uk
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:29
French to English
For Trados... May 30, 2017

Hi Halvor.

In Studio, go to File/Options/Editor, then select Center active row.

Halvor Halvorsen
Halvor Halvorsen
Norway
Local time: 10:29
Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Epameinondas! May 30, 2017

Great, MemoQ looks so much better now.

I found the function for Trados, it's under Options/Editor/Side-by-Side editor, when you tick off the Active center row box. I think yours was activated already.

Edit: Thanks, Sam. You guys are fast, need to update and read replies before I post replies next time!

[Edited at 2017-05-30 15:39 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any way to make Trados/MemoQ not scroll to the very bottom of the screen when translating?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »